The Neem Tree
What is Neem? Neem is a tree. Neem leaves (fresh or dried), fruit, and Neem oil extracted from the seeds contain healing properties.
Neem is well known in the drier regions of India, Southeast Asia, and parts of Africa. For over 4000 years B.C. women in Indian sub-continent have relied upon Neem for flawless skin. It is highly treasured in there and is used extensively in Ayurvedic, Unani and Herbal medicine, Cosmeceutical, Nutriceuticals and Toiletries for many skin issues and daily skin care.
Healing Benefits of Neem
Scientific studies have shown Neem to have the following healing properties:
- Antiviral – inhibits the growth of viruses
- Anti-fungal – inhibits the growth of fungi
- Antibacterial – destroying the growth of bacteria
- Analgesic – providing pain relief
- Anti-inflammatory – reduce certain signs of inflammation, swelling or tenderness
- Antimicrobial -destroying the growth of microorganisms